Friday, April 21, 2006

2006 Student Art Exhibit

Wow. I just got home from the awards ceremony for J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College Student Art Exhibit. I had submitted several pieces to the exhibit and four were accepted. This evening, I was awarded 2nd place in the Drawing category and 1st place in Design and Digital!

My drawing was “Angora Portrait,” a self-portrait in which I wore my Angora-blend Mobius scarf. Said scarf was hand-spun and handknit by me. It won third place in the Montpelier Fall Fiber Festival several years ago. (It must be a better scarf than I ever imagined, it’s won two awards!)

My digital piece, an abstraction of an art history piece, was one I made for a color theory class. I call it "Moonstruck." It seems as if the pieces which disturb me the most, the weirdest, multi-media collage/digital pieces I make are the most well-liked. I like it, too, but don't ask me what it means because I still don't understand.

I know, it's a digital piece, I should be able to show you a better picture than this, but I'm tired and that file isn't on my hard drive so here's a photo from the exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment