Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring Flower Photo Obsession

Lots of trees, bushes and wildflowers start blooming this time of year and when I see those blossoms, I get this tremendous urge to photograph them.
Purple Wildflowers
These are some of the first wildflowers of spring.
They are related to mint, but I don't remember what they're called.
Lots of violets under the apple tree
The violets are coming up in wonderfully dense patches under the apple tree!
I've tried reminding myself that I already have 2 or 3 years worth of apple blossom photos; I still feel that this cluster of flowers just has to be captured in a photo, too.
a tremendous amount of blossoms
Apple blossoms
such pretty clusters
Not only do I want to photograph all of the flowers, I also have lots of ideas for how to crop the photos.
Apple blossoms
I could crop it close-up to show emphasize
the green leaves, white flowers and pink blossoms
Apple blossoms
...or I could crop it further out to show
the overall arrangement of the buds and flowers

Apple blossoms

Apple blossoms

Apple blossoms
Look at this lovely zig-zag of blooms!
I love the dogwoods this year. They are young volunteers and their blooms were rather sparse last year. This year, they have lots of big flowers.
Dogwood

I took a few photos of the clusters of flowers.
Dogwood

Dogwood

I like the overall look of the trees, but I haven't learned to take pictures that really capture that look the same way my eyes see them. I can photograph the individual flowers and the view from below the canopy, but not the whole tree.
Dogwood

No comments:

Post a Comment