Wednesday, September 08, 2021

Dipping My Toes in Gouache...But Not Literally

I've started using gouache! My first experiments have been using Artist's Loft gouache on Canson mixed media paper. I tried to follow along with the first 2 gouache tutorial videos by Myriam Tillson.
(Link to Myriam Tillson's complete art tutorials playlist on YouTube) I didn't quite match the tutorial, but it gave me a feel for the paint.

Page of painting exercises in red and blue. The edges of the page have kraft-paper-colored tape residue. Page with 4 horizontal stripes blending between red and blue.

I also learned that the tape I was using to hold down the paper was doing more harm than good. I can work with the paper on a plastic clipboard without it buckling too badly. If I decide to use tape again I will need a new type of tape and/or a new way to remove it since it insisted on either tearing the paper or leaving most of itself behind!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment